In the last couple of fishing derbies, we offered the traditional tagged fish program. Catch 1 of 10 tagged fish, win a prize with the chance of winning $50,000. No one won.
And insuring this event cost us over $5,000 each time!
Instead of paying the insurance company this year, we are going to give it all to you. No tagged fish. No picking envelopes. No one getting skunked this year.
The Rules Are Simple:
- Longest fish wins (not weight)
- The fish must be presented live at the boat house
- 7:00 am to 3:00 pm is the competition time frame. At 3:00pm, all contestants will put down their fishing poles. Contestants are allowed to bring their “live” catch to be measured at any time during the course of the derby.
- 3:00 pm – all entries that are brought to the boat house will be measured and will be listed on the “Leaderboard.” Contestants will have a picture taken with their catch.
- 3:30 pm – our winners will be announced and given a check. (Contestants will also receive giant checks)
- Fish must be captured alive, using standard hook & line fishing techniques. No netting, shocking, or explosive actions allowed. NO Fish Finders, Radar allowed.
- Only 1 claim allowed per contestant. NO Multiple Claims, Multiple Attempts at a claim, or Re-try’s allowed.
- NO Current or Former employees, director’s, officer’s, any employees’ directors, or officers, immediate family members, agents, successors, assignee’s of the sponsor/client, any promotional company, advertising agency, organization or company involved with the event are eligible. The parties acknowledge that Lake Gregory Recreation is NOT liable for reimbursement of any prize(s) otherwise payable to promotional contestants who are in violation of this provision.
There will be a $25 on-line entrance fee for each contestant. $35 at the gate. The prizes will be based on length of the fish versus the weight. Each contestant will receive a contestant bib in the mail that they are required to wear to streamline the check-in process. If they lose their bib, there is a $15 fee to receive another one.
- 1st Place winner receives $2,500
- 2nd Place winner receives $1,500
- 3rd Place winner receives $500
- Visitors have to fill out info form to enter into the prize drawings for the chance to win one of many sponsored prizes.
The registration fee is only $25 and $35 at the gate. Pre-register and pay your fee online to reserve your spot in the tournament today.
Note: We highly recommend registering on-line instead of in person. It’ll save you from waiting in lines and ensure you get out on the water on time.
Saturday May 27th, 2017 | 7:00am to 3:00pm | Limited Space Available
(You will be directed to a Liability Waiver Form first. Once that is completed, you will be able to register for the trout derby.)
Additional Derby Info:
- On-line registration does not require on-site check-in. Fishing before 7:00 AM is not allowed and you will be disqualified.
- The Lake Gregory Classic will begin promptly at 7:00 AM.
- All participants must agree to the Rules and Regulations of the event.
- The Lake Gregory Classic will end at 3:00 PM and the awards will begin at 3:30 PM back at the North Shore Boat House.
- You must have a fishing license. You can purchase a fishing license at Goodwins across the street or at the local store. Lake Gregory does not sell fishing licenses.
Derby participants must be 18 years of age to participate and hold a valid California fishing license. For more information visit www.lakegregoryrecreation.com
Questions? Call us at (909) 338-2233
This year we are offering a real-time notification system that will help you stay on the lake eliminating going back and forth to the boathouse increasing your chances of success! No more guessing if your fish measures up. We will be updating all the contestants as the next biggest fish comes in. Saves you time and saves our fish. This is how you sign up.
- Go to shouttag.com (or download the free !shouttag app) and enter LakeGregoryTroutDerby
- Hit the go button
- When the page loads, click the Track button (green button with little track marks)
- Follow prompts to login or create a !shouttag account
* After logging in or confirming account you will be redirected back to !LakeGregoryTroutDerby
* Click the Track button again
- Select notification preference